The Wamego Community Foundation is a public charity under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). Its mission is to inspire giving and to connect people who care, with the causes that matter most to them in order to preserve and enhance Wamego for current and future generations.
Increased philanthropy and improved quality of life for Wamego.
In serving our donors as clients, nonprofits as partners and the community as a whole, we will operate according to the following principles:
- We will always act with integrity.
- We will strive to provide exceptional stewardship and customer service.
- We will promote open dialogue, strategic alliances and the sharing of knowledge.
- Donations will stay local, providing grants to local projects and non-profits
- Leadership shall be provided by local community volunteers serving on the WCF BOD
- Offer a simple way to deliver broad community impact.
- Provide leadership and funding mechanism to address emerging community needs
Additionally, specific interest can be facilitated through field of interest funds; donor advised funds, scholarship funds and endowed funds